My Favorite Things {October 2018}


Hello There, Friend.

I honestly can't believe we are in the month of November already. Where has this year gone? Seriously! I feel as though the weeks are just flying by us. Pure craziness it is!


"Time flies. It's up to you to be the navigator." 
- Robert Orben

I've not kept up well with my "favorite things" posts. *Slaps self on hand* But... I thought I would jump back in and share with you some of my Favorite things from the past few months up until the end of October.

Honestly still can't help but sing "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music movie when sitting to write about my Favorite things. Every time. Every. Dang. Time!

♫ When the dog bites.
When the bee stings.
When I'm feeling sad.
I simply remember my favorite things...
And then I don't feel so bad. ♫

Everyone who knows me knows that I love a good deal. Whether it's a retail sale or a thrifted find... I am always ecstatic when I find an amazing deal! My current Favorite things include some pretty awesome deals that I've come across in the past few months.

Are you ready? Here we go...


PODCASTS 
I've recently got into listening to Podcasts. My Android app of choice for listening is Google Podcasts which is free to download and use from the Google Play store. The only trouble I have is of my own fault. I get overwhelmed with just how many Podcasts I want to listen to and catch up on from the beginning. Please tell me I'm not alone in being like this! It's been nice though to have them to listen to during downtime, my commutes in the car, or while I'm multitasking other chores. I'd encourage you, if you haven't already, to give listening to Podcasts a try.


 


NETFLIX 
By now everyone should know just how much I love Netflix. Netflix is a streaming service that is billed by the month based upon the package you choose. If you're new, they offer you an opportunity to try the service free of charge to see if it's something you'll enjoy. There is no obligation of any kind. If you do not enjoy the service you may cancel before your trial month ends and there will be no charge to you. If you do wish to continue, you will then be billed the monthly fee which is minimal. If at any time you decide it's no longer for you, you can, of course, cancel your subscription at that time also. No commitment period is required. I love it! To see what I've been watching recently, check out one of my recent Netflix Blog Posts!



BREAD MACHINE 
Oh, my word! I am in love with my new to me Sunbeam bread maker. It's been fantastic! Years ago I had a bread maker, but it, unfortunately, needed to be laid to rest and at the time I never bothered to replace it. Recently though I started finding myself with a desire to have one again. Luck would have it I stumbled upon one on Facebook Marketplace. The lady was selling it for $10! That's right! $10! It was in excellent used condition and works perfectly. Talk about a good score! I've seen this brand Bread Maker retail for anywhere from $60-$100 new, depending on the supplier and sale. So for $10... I definitely had to scoop that up right quick!

 


PLANTERS 
I've never had a green thumb. I've never had the patience to learn what each plant needed to thrive so I could keep it alive. My Mom though... she had a wonderful green thumb. She always had lovely plants and gardens. A year ago I, unfortunately, lost my Mom - far too soon. And over the past year, I started developing an overwhelming desire to start getting some houseplants to care for. Some plants to add 'life' to our home and to help purify our air. I wasn't sure exactly why I had this urge, but it one day dawned on me... Plants... reminded me of my Momma. So just like that... a new hobby of sorts was born for me.

I only have a few tropical houseplants thus far, but they were in desperate need of transplanting into new pots. It took me a little while... but I found some that I truly loved at, wait for it, the Dollarama! Each pot was somewhere around $4. I thought that was a great deal. And you know me... I love me a good bargain. I've had them now for a couple months, and they still bring a smile to my face daily.




BLUETOOTH SPEAKER 
A couple weeks ago I ordered a little Bluetooth speaker for our house. The ones we have were honestly terrible quality and I was over it! The new little portable speaker I got for our place is the Jam Zero Chill. I read some reviews and people were saying great things about it, with very few negatives. I still didn't have huge hopes for this little speaker but was looking forward to trying it out all the same. Well, this little speaker blew me away. For the size of it, it actually has a pretty clear, and mighty sound. We've been loving it!

This little speaker retails on best buys website right now, on sale for $79.99. But it's regular $99.99! I love it... but the frugal part of me is unsure I could ever bring myself to pay that much for it personally. The frugal girl in me scored this little hundred dollar speaker for... $0! That's right... $0! Which, of course,  makes me much happier! I did this by cashing in some Air Miles points that I've been casually collecting and got this great little speaker for no out of pocket cost. How great is that?!?





Well. That's all from me with my Favorites for now. I'd love to hear what some of your current 'Favorite Things' are. Be sure to leave me a comment below!

As Always,

Much Love, 

Disclaimer: I may have linked different websites for you to check out my favourite things. But, I am currently in no way affiliated with them and did not receive any sort of compensation for this post.


Comments

  1. Really enjoyed reading this! I definitely share some of your hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the read. I always love hearing that others share in my interests, that's wonderful! I've started to take a look at your blog, it's lovely! Great work. Yaya.

      Delete
  2. I'm gonna give podcast a try. I've been wanting to listen to one but they are so much I get overwhelmed sometimes. I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that you are going to give them a chance. I too was overwhelmed, still am if I'm going to be honest. lol But... I try to enjoy one episode at a time and not think about all the others that are waiting for my listening ears. Be sure to let me know which podcasts you try, and whether you enjoy them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts