Christmas Bucket List {2018}



Hello There, Friend.

As with the different seasons, I like to sit and come up with ideas to place on a Christmas Bucket List each year. A fun little list of things that I think would be enjoyable to do during the holidays with my friends and family. Some new ideas, and some tried and true traditions that happen in our home each year.

Typically I would start this process with searching online for a bucket list template that I like. But... this year I decided to design a template of my own to use. I kept it simple and allotted 15 spaces for the fun activities we wanted to add.

Here's to making some wonderful holiday memories!


"The best thing about memories... is making them."


Our Families 2018 Christmas Bucket List.

'Deck the halls'  
Christmas is without a doubt my favorite holiday. I absolutely love decorating our home with holiday decor, it makes me ridiculously happy!
  
Church Musical
It has become tradition in our house for our Family to attend a local Church musical each Christmas. It is filled with so many incredibly talented people who keep us entertained each and every year.
   
Santa Claus Parades
Each year we try to attend at least one Santa Claus parade. Some years we end up attending multiple. They are always so much fun! And usually... are a good way to kick off our holiday season.
  
Holiday Lights Drive
Each year we like to load into the car and take a drive around our neighbourhoods to see who has the best displays of the season. There are always a few select houses who go all out and win 'Best Displays' from us each and every year. We've often joked about leaving Candy Canes and a note congratulating them for winning our Families 'Best Display' award. (lol) One year it might just happen!
  
Special Advent Calendar
Each year we like to get a special Advent Calendar to count down to Christmas. Generally, for us, our go-to choice is Lindt's Advent Calendars. Lindt is one of our favorite chocolates in this house!
 
2018 Tree Ornament
It has become tradition for me to pick out a new ornament for our tree each year. Usually I try to choose one ornament to represent something memorable that has happened to our family that year. This will be the 2nd year that I've actually designed a custom ornament to have made by a local crafter. So excited to get it! Then... because I have an ornament addiction (lol) I tend to end up with a few others I love 'Just because.'
   
Holiday Craft & Farmers Markets.
It's always a fun time to get out and about to enjoy the holiday bustle of local Craft & Farmers markets this time of year. You never know what handmade treasures you might find.
  
Decorate Gingerbread Men
Though I love Gingerbread houses... decorating them usually ends up annoying me. I mean, those things never stay together right! (lol) So... in our house we tend to opt for decorating Gingerbread Men. Whether that's Gingerbread Men baked from scratch... or a kit purchased in the store. It's always a fun time for us. 
   
Christmas Movie Marathon
I love Christmas... and I love movies. So... it's really no surprise that having a Christmas Movie marathon has to happen. Grab a cozy blanket, some hot chocolate, special holiday treats... and you've got yourself one amazing day in the making.
   
Enjoy Coffee Shop Holiday Treats
This time of year the Coffee shops always come out with the most delicious holiday drinks and treats. It would be a shame not to stop by and partake. Yum!

Create 3D Paper Snowflakes
When I was working for our local School Boards after school program, a teacher in the school taught the kids how to make these beautiful 3D Snowflakes, and of course... the kids taught us when they arrived to us after school. Since then, it's become tradition in my house to make them each year as part of our holiday decorations. I just love them!

Bake A Holiday Treat
I've been slacking in holiday baking department the past few years. This year I hope to get back in the kitchen and whip up some delicious treats. I have so many ideas... how does one choose?
   
Complete Acts of Service/Kindness
During the 'Season of giving' it's always important to think of ways you can give back and help others who are in need. Last year I donated some time to help out the Salvation Army. This year... I'm not yet sure what I'm going to choose to do, but I'm sure I will come up with something equally important.
   
Track 'Santa' on NORAD Christmas Eve
My son is in his teens now, and obviously no longer believes in Santa. However... it still remains to be a special little activity to turn on NORAD's Santa Tracker each Christmas Eve and make some of the holiday magic come alive again.
   
Family Turkey Dinner on Christmas Day
What Christmas would be complete without a delicious Family Dinner on Christmas Day? I can smell the Turkey cooking already. Yummm!
 


You can download a blank copy of my Christmas Bucket List here.


I'd love to hear what traditions your family has for the holidays. What will be on your Christmas Bucket List this year? Let me know in the comments below!

As Always.

Much Love, 

Comments

Popular Posts