Introducing: Our Fur Family



Hello There, Friend.

Show of hands. How many of you beautiful people have a fur-family? 🙋

Growing up I had the opportunity to experience a few different pets. We've had Dogs, Cats, Budgies, A Pony, Chickens, A Goat, and Rabbits. It was definitely a bit of a funny farm at times. But looking back I can't imagine things being any other way.

Having had the chance to experience a variety of pets growing up I found that I've always leaned towards Cats being my personal favorite. I've always seemed to be most drawn to my feline friends. So, of course, as an adult, I have to have a feline friend as part of my home and family. We have had dogs, budgies, and fish... but for my little family, I find that Cats are the most purr-fect fit for us, at least right now.

Today, I thought I would introduce you to the two beautiful girls who are currently members of our fur-family. Kitty & Zoey. Yes... one of our cats is named "Kitty." Original, eh?

Kitty is now in her senior years. She's been a wonderful member of our family for 10+ years. She was originally adopted into our home when she was around a year old. The gentleman who owned her did not have the time or ability to care for her any longer and asked if we'd be interested in having her come live with us. Of course, the answer was yes!

Kitty was definitely a feisty lil' bugger in her younger years. As the years have passed though she's calmed down and clearly became a true family pet vs. being just my son's cat which was the original intent. She spends her time with us both and plenty of time on her own. Her very clever, original (lol) name was given to her by my son when he was younger. At the time he thought it seemed purr-fect for her. Kitty is sometimes sweet, sometimes cranky... and we honestly couldn't imagine our home without her.


Zoey is our newest family member. We've had her for almost a year now. Originally she was adopted by my father as a companion for him while my Mother was sick in the hospital. The hope was that my Mom would be able to come home to enjoy Zoey's company. My Mom loved Cats. It was quickly realized though that my Mom was not going to be coming home, and being a Cat parent just wasn't a job for my Dad to handle solo. So... Zoey came to live with us, and honestly, we couldn't have been happier to have her.

Zoey is still working her way through the kitten stage a little. At times she is definitely a devilish lil' bugger with an angel face. But she keeps things entertaining. And when she's snuggly all the devilish behaviors get forgiven and washed away. She's definitely a well-loved member of our family and we look forward to her being with us for a long time to come.

For more photos of Kitty & Zoey, you should definitely head over and follow my Instagram account. The girls are always popping up there. 📸

I'm sure you love your fur-family just as much as we love ours. I'd love to hear what kind of pets are members of your family and what their names are. Be sure to leave a comment below letting me know. 😊

As Always,

Much Love,


Comments

Popular Posts