'Twas The Week Before Christmas...



Hello There, Friend.

T'was the week before Christmas... when all through the house.

I don't know about you. But I've been wondering where December went. I mean... next week is Christmas, yall. How did that happen? Better yet, where did this whole year disappear to? I know I participated... but it just seems to have gotten away from me. Can you relate?

Christmas in our house is kept pretty simple these days, soooo... there really isn't any last minute stressing happening over here. We're just patiently counting down the last couple days of School so Christmas Vacation can officially begin.

If I can be honest with you beautiful people, however... this Christmas lover has been having a hard time "feeling the magic" of Christmas this year. I've been having some serious ups & downs with my Christmas vibes this past month. I've been going through the motions, but Christmas hasn't felt quite right this year for some reason. It is feeling a little more Christmassy for me this week, and I am very happy about that. But... it's been a little bit of rough one getting here, Y'all.

This Christmas, we didn't get around to doing some of the things we normally do by this time each year. Normally this would bother me immensely, but I'm honestly OK with it. I'm not going to stress myself out about it - there's no point. There are still a few fun items I have tucked away on our "to-do" list for the upcoming days, so I'm going to focus my attention on that. Things such as; Picking out a delicious Christmas DQ Ice Cream cake as a treat to kick off Christmas Vacation, Decorating Gingerbread Men, Going to see a movie in the theatre - if we can decide what to go see, Visiting a Coffee Shop for some festive treats, Perhaps wander the streets in search of more beautifully decorated/lighted homes, Turkey Dinner, and whatever other fun ideas I come up with along the way. I'm very much looking forward to these activities and have faith they will help bring me more of the Christmas 'feels' that I had been struggling to find.

If I could have one Christmas Wish right now though... It'd be to have my other half here with us for the Christmassy fun in the coming days. And, let's be honest... to hug away some of the "blahs" that have been following me around. Long distance relationships are so hard, especially this time of year. It takes an immeasurable amount of strength to get through it. My respect goes out to each and every one of you involved in a long distance relationship.

"All I want for Christmas... is you!"

Unfortunately, having my other half with us for Christmas is not possible this year. So... I shall press on with the Christmassy fun, whilst I daydream about us all being together for a fun-filled, cozy Christmas next year.



Now it's your turn. Have you been having tons of Christmas fun? What's still on your to-do list in the coming days before the "big day" arrives? I'd love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments below what kind of Christmas fun you've been up to, or are going to get up to in the coming days.

As Always.

Much Love, 


 









Comments

  1. I hope you have a great holiday even though everything is not like what you expected it to be. I know what it's like to have a loved one far away for Christmas and how emptying it feels.
    Just like you I feel as if December went by extremely fast and I'm still not ready for the holidays

    Loren | Plaid & Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Loren! I have had some great Christmas moments so far this month, just carrying around a case of the blahs at times, unfortunately. Probably very much to do with not having my other half here. Also, missing my Mom who passed away last year. Such is life though. Got to focus on the good, and not give power to the negative. :)

      Hope you have a wonderful holiday as well.
      Much Love, Kat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts