Summer 2018


Hello There, Friend.

Long time no talk!

I started this blog with the best intentions. My goal was to work at it consistently, I swear! Then... I made a last minute decision to take a trip to Ontario to visit my boyfriend.... and, well, I quickly lost any sort of routine I had been building. Oops!

The original vacation plan was for my son and I to stay in Ontario for 10 days. However, the day before we were due to fly home...I/we just didn't feel ready to leave. We needed more time away. So... I extended our stay for an additional week. It was definitely the right choice, of that I know for sure. Zero regrets! 💓

It was honestly SO nice to get away from everything for a while and spend some quality time with my boyfriend, and son making memories together. A huge part of me didn't want to come back home. I miss my other half terribly already. Long distance relationships are HARD, Y'all!

But alas... here we are back in Nova Scotia. Of course a few short days after arriving back both my son and I came down with the worst cold ever! Welcome back to Nova Scotia, eh? Ugh! We're still not 100% better, but we are starting to feel a little more human, so that's a plus, right?

When the Summer started, as always, I started by putting together my Summer Bucket List for 2018. I tend to do this for each Season. The lists are usually pretty simple, filled with fun little ideas I think we'd enjoy doing during the Season we're in. The bucket lists are basically just a way to keep myself from unintentionally wasting away the days without stopping to make some memories with my Family & Friends.

Below is the list I started with at the beginning of Summer 2018

SUMMER BUCKET LIST 2018
  1. Celebrate Canada Day @ Bedford Days W/Fireworks.
  2. Celebrate Natal Day
  3. Fresh Flowers for our home.
  4. Ice Cream!
  5. Farmer's Markets. #SupportLocal
  6. Family BBQ's.
  7. Work on Goodreads Reading Challenge.
  8. Enjoy Summer foods; Blueberries, Strawberries, Corn on the Cob, Watermelon.
  9. Noggins Farm @ Sante Centre
  10. Have a Picnic/Eat Meals Outside.
  11. Enjoy Summer Sunrises & Sunsets.
  12. Arcade Fun @ Cineplex.
  13. Cineplex Movie/Pretzel Maker.
  14. Visit a Beach & Collect Treasures.
  15. Buskers Festival.
  16. Thrift Store Treasure hunting.
  17. Bonfire & Roast S'mores.
  18. Hali The Road Train.
  19. Discovery Centre.
  20. Summer Road Trip.
  21. Enjoy a Summer Rain Day @ Home W/Movies.
  22. Try an @ Home Smoothie Recipe.
  23. New House Plants.
  24. Tancook Island Adventure.
We did manage to check off some items. But, I think this has been one of the worst years yet for doing things I put on our list. As you can plainly see from the lack of check marks. I could look at that as a failure... but I don't! We ended up doing some pretty amazing things that weren't on our list this year. Like taking our last minute vacation to Ontario for instance! I'd say that more than makes up for the things that went incomplete on our list this year. 😉


This Summer one of my biggest accomplishments personally was conquering my irrational fear of flying. Getting on a plane and going to Ontario was a BIG deal for me and my anxious self. My anxiety did hit a few high peaks, but overall... the flights were great and I look forward to doing it again! All those years of letting my anxiety stop me from doing something I actually ended up loving. There's a definite lesson learned there. I really have to try to push my limits a bit more so I don't miss out on something amazing. Easier said than done though, I assure you.


While in Ontario we got to visit Niagara falls which has been something I've wanted to do forever! We visited Parks, A Farm, A Farmer's Market, Fun new places to grab a bite to eat: Wimpy's Diner, Five Guys, Smokes Poutinerie - etc, A Dollar Tree (Don't judge me... I had to go! lol) and... my son and I got to meet my boyfriends family for the first time. Overall.... I'd say Summer 2018 was a total win! So many wonderful memories were made. 😄

If you pop over to my Instagram account you can see a bunch of photos that have been posted over the Summer. Lots of fun memories have been captured and posted there.

In looking back, I am so content with how Summer 2018 went, even if our original bucket list didn't get fully completed. I now very much look forward to sitting down and putting together my list for Autumn 2018 to see where that takes us... I am a wee bit late in doing so... but it'll get done!

Here's to enjoying each Season to it's fullest and making memories with those you love! 💓

I'm curious. Do you enjoy creating Seasonal bucket lists? If so, what is one of your Favorite bucket list memories this year? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

As Always,

Much Love,










Comments

Popular Posts