The Blogger Recognition Award




Hello There, Friends.

Nearing the end of last month (December 2018), I was nominated by Malcolm's Mommy for a Blogger Recognition Award. It was completely unexpected... but so very appreciated.

Being a newbie blogger it felt amazing to be acknowledged in this way. Because honestly... most of the time I feel like I'm just winging this blogging thing. I feel so thankful and blessed to have been thought of. Thank you Malcolm's Mommy for thinking of me. You should definitely check out her blog, and her own Recognition Award to find out why she started on her personal blogging journey.



When you are nominated for this award, there are rules you need to follow while accepting in order to keep the blogger recognition circle going:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you.
  • Write a post to show your award.
  • Give a brief story of how your blog started.
  • Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
  • Select 15 other bloggers you believe deserve to be recognized.
  • Let each nominee know that you've nominated them for this award.

How Cozy and Caffeinated Started

For many years I had contemplated starting a blog. A friend and I frequently found ourselves writing 'books' back and forth to one another and had joked often about writing a real book with the Ramblings of Us. It'd be a hilarious best seller we joked. lol But... since that idea was a little far-fetched, starting a blog seemed to be a little more realistic of a goal for me.

Being a pretty private person, I did hesitate with opening parts of my life up to the public in any form. But... blogging was still calling to me. It felt like something I just needed to do. So... I started with finding the courage to open up a public Instagram account. I thought this would be a good way to start sharing snippets of life from my little corner of the world. Though still nervous about putting parts of my life out there for all to see, I did find it enjoyable overall (I love Instagram). So... one day I decided to fully jump on the blogging train and Cozy and Caffeinated was born. I did, at first, struggle with coming up with a name for this blog I was creating. But... seeing as how I'm a huge supporter of Sweatpants (Cozy) & Coffee (Caffeinated)... the name I ended up choosing seemed perfect for me!


My Advice To New Bloggers

Honestly... I still feel like a "new" blogger needing advice myself. However, if I was to choose two pieces of advice to pass on, they would be... 

1.) Make sure that you are blogging for you. Be unapologetically, authentically YOU! If you are passionate about what you are writing and being true to yourself... it will come through to your readers and make you and your blog successful.

2.) Don't worry so much about numbers and gaining followers. Be real, be you... and the right people will start following along. Having real, authentic followers loving your content is where you will find the loyal people who are going to be with you for the long haul.


My Nominees For The Blogger Recognition Award

Mommy Above All

Plaid and Sugar

Sweatpants and Topknots

Insecure Housewife

The Wallflower Club

Love Dwells Here 

Holly Be Happy

Simply Katricia

Busy Living My Best Life

One Inspired Momma

Caffeine, Chaos, and Grace

Cynspo

Ollie & Shell

The Adventuring Emily

The Busy Gamer


Well, that's it for now. Thanks again to Malcolms Mommy for nominating me. I encourage you to check out her blog, as well as the bloggers I've nominated above. And please... be sure to keep encouraging and supporting each other.

As Always.

Much Love,


 






Comments

Popular Posts